Social Media Trends
If you’ve been on social media for a while, then you know the rules and algorithms are always changing. What worked a few years ago doesn’t have the same impact anymore, and organizations must constantly work to stay on top of trends, maintain flexible strategies, and understand which tactics are worth investing in and which ones are better left on the shelf.
HubSpot recently surveyed more than 1,200 marketers to learn which trends and tactics they’re investing in this year. Here are the top 10 results:
- Brands with an engaged social media community will win in 2023
- Social media is the future of e-commerce
- Consumers slide into brands’ DMs for customer service
- Search engines lose steam as consumers turn to social search
- Influencer marketers ditch celebrities for micro-influencers
- Short-form video is the highest ROI format and will see the most growth of any trend in 2023
- Funny, trendy, and relatable content will stand out all 2023
- Instagram is the highest ROI platform and will see the most growth of any social app in 2023
- Social budgets will be put under the microscope, but marketers are staying optimistic
- Re-sharing the same content across platforms won’t fly in 2023
Why This Matters
These days, most organizations have at least a nominal presence on social media. Maintaining an active social media status takes effort and perseverance, but when done well, it can go a long way toward building trust and strengthening relationships with followers.
Whether you use social media as a marketing tool or a customer service channel, one of the best things you can do is stay on top of changing social media trends, online consumer behaviour and preferences, and what works best for your audience.
To learn more about these 10 social media marketing trends and why they’re worth spending effort on in 2023, click here.
Photo by Canva.